- Agile, application-aware infrastructure.
- Application policy profiles provision the entire infrastructure.
- Tighter integration between virtual, physical and cloud elements.
- Securely support multi-tenant scenarios.
- Fabric-based migration path for existing architectures.
- Monitor application health as a whole, across the entire DC.
- Cisco Nexus 9000 switches offer upgrade path from NX-OS to ACI.
Benefits of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
Cisco APIC (Application Policy Infrastructure Controller)
- Central appliance that controls the ACI environment.
- Handles automation, management, policy enforcement & health monitoring.
- Supports high-availability via multiple redundant appliances.
- Exposes XML & JSON api for integration with other systems & automation.
Cisco AVS (Application Virtual Switch)
- Hypervisor-resident virtual network switch.
- Optimises traffic for application services.
- Handles traffic for both virtual & physical devices.